Middle School • High School • Private/Alternative School • University • Community • Company • Groups
You get your intuition back when you make space for it, when you stop the chattering of the rational mind.
Rationality squeezes out much that is rich and juicy and fascinating.
- Anne Lamott
Great care has been taken to ensure as much privacy as individuals and groups desire. See Privacy & Basics here.
Project 1:1000 Sessions provide what is essentially a structured, mentored, affirming, writing/accountability group. The simplest and greatest outcomes are as such:
- The "boogeyman" is taken out of writing
- Individuals and groups are able to speak their truths, to tell and share their stories
- The notion of community is created and developed, both within and among other groups
In addition to the obvious focus on reading and writing proficiency for students, Project 1:1000 Sessions illuminate and enhance accountability, interpersonal communication, collaboration, exposure to multiple perspectives. All sessions encourage and foster creative expression, discipline, honesty, bravery, kindness, and tolerance. Project 1:1000 Sessions especially provide participants both a way and a place to work and play and shine right now as well as numerous skills that provide for more luminous futures.
While Project 1:1000 is at its heart unconcerned with either analysis, critique, or perfection (your stories are your stories), a Project 1:1000 Session will explore a bit of the approach to - and process and casual critique of - writing and editing. Optionally, the Project 1:1000 Team Member could communicate issues with structure, grammar, and clarity of expression to the Client (Teacher, Leader, etc). Please note that while Project 1:1000 Sessions are not a substitute for regular English classes, they may well provide alternative/additional settings and approaches more conducive to free, encouraged, and affirmed expression.
Project 1:1000 Sessions will be lead by Team Members, who shall be good and passionate people and facilitators, educated and experienced writers with a background in education training and/or arts collaboration and production. See the Project 1:1000 Team here. If you are (or know someone who might be) interested in joining the Team, see (or share the link) here.
A Project 1:1000 Session includes:
- Session design/coordination with Client
- Introduction, overview, process, and practice
- Exercises, assignments, and writing prompts
- Accountability, process, methods and casual critique
- Assistance with Participant account creation
- Assistance with Submission creation, draft, and publication
- Creation of Project(s)/Group(s)
- Attachment of Submissions to Project(s)/Group(s)
- Creation, promotion, and hosting of final presentation
Optionally (mostly in Education settings) the Session could include:
- Monitor & communicate attendance
- Performance & participation updates
- "Grading" & Final Report (See more on Grading here)
For an Administrative view of a sample Session, please see here.
For an instant quote, to request a Session for you/your organization, to sponsor a Session for others, or to simply contact us for further information, please use the form below...